Dear Mom and Family,
How are things back home? I´d like to start of thanking you mom for stepping up and getting me those addresses. I should have known that i should have gone to you in the first place. I know that if i need someone reliable i should have gone to you :) Also i did get the primary package :)
Also mom I want to start off by saying that your probably not ridiculus. You may be preposterous but not ridiculous. Or maybe you are idk haha just know that i love you and so does your heavenly father. I thank Him everyday that He sent me to you. God must have alot of trust in you to send you three boys (priesthood holders) Never forget how much God loves and trusts you.
So this week was good. Im working hard but i cant force the people to progress or be baptized. It hurts see people reject the message but it is ever more sweet when people accept it. Im still searching for those people but the field is already white and i know God will Guide me to find them if i am living righteously. Our goal for this area is to finish the year with 15 baptisms. Not easy but we are going to get it. We are going to get it by focusing on families and by working with members. The latter being the tougher of the two right now but we are going to make it happen with the Lords help.
So i wanted to write about a cool experience from this week. So mondaywe went to the Capital for a meeting that we had on tuesday. In the meeting we had a Guest Speaker named Elder Hatch. He is a senior missionary from the Central mission with alot of missionary experience. He talked about how much our attitude makes a difference in missionary work. He said that ¨Enthusiasm is more important then talent¨ He also talked about It is our own decsion to reach our goals and that the only person that can stop us from reaching our goals is ourselves. We need to understand the true power we have inside us if we will choose to do something and give our best effort. Especially in missionary work when we have God and his angels with us. He also said that the key word to success is INVITE. I think we need to do more inviting, to church, to activities, to read the book of mormon, to eat, to see the light of Christ in our lives.
So when we left that meeting we were able to get a ride with President Alvarado and one of his Asistants to our area b.c he was going this way. While we were traveling he played 3 talks given to mission presidents in the MTC by Pres. Eyring, Pres. Packer and Pres Monson. They were all incredibly powerful but the one by President Eyring really hit me. He talked alot about having a change of how and our progress being the most important. He said many things that impressed me. Some of them are "Its not what we´ve done that matters, its how our hearts have changed in the Lord´s work, and only God knows that." also that "The Aproval of most worth comes from God" so i have to be worried about what He thinks and not others. Also he said"When I know the Spirit is with me, that is when I know that my heart is changing."
I´ve been trying to change for the better alot in the last little while. It has begun with my own decisions within my self to make the right choice. I am more in control of my life and am choosing who I am and who I am becoming. Im really really happy right now b.c i´ve personally made alot of progress in the last week and a half. I have humbled myself alot and made a lot of changes for the better. I fell so much better and stronger this way. Most of all i know that God loves me and that he sends me help and relief everyday. I also went on divisions this last week with E´ Brunsvik who was my companion in Carolingia and it was awesome to work with him again and see his progress.
I love you all incredibly and pray for you all the time. Please fast and pray that we will find families to teach that will progress.
Love,
Elder Vincent
How are things back home? I´d like to start of thanking you mom for stepping up and getting me those addresses. I should have known that i should have gone to you in the first place. I know that if i need someone reliable i should have gone to you :) Also i did get the primary package :)
Also mom I want to start off by saying that your probably not ridiculus. You may be preposterous but not ridiculous. Or maybe you are idk haha just know that i love you and so does your heavenly father. I thank Him everyday that He sent me to you. God must have alot of trust in you to send you three boys (priesthood holders) Never forget how much God loves and trusts you.
So this week was good. Im working hard but i cant force the people to progress or be baptized. It hurts see people reject the message but it is ever more sweet when people accept it. Im still searching for those people but the field is already white and i know God will Guide me to find them if i am living righteously. Our goal for this area is to finish the year with 15 baptisms. Not easy but we are going to get it. We are going to get it by focusing on families and by working with members. The latter being the tougher of the two right now but we are going to make it happen with the Lords help.
So i wanted to write about a cool experience from this week. So mondaywe went to the Capital for a meeting that we had on tuesday. In the meeting we had a Guest Speaker named Elder Hatch. He is a senior missionary from the Central mission with alot of missionary experience. He talked about how much our attitude makes a difference in missionary work. He said that ¨Enthusiasm is more important then talent¨ He also talked about It is our own decsion to reach our goals and that the only person that can stop us from reaching our goals is ourselves. We need to understand the true power we have inside us if we will choose to do something and give our best effort. Especially in missionary work when we have God and his angels with us. He also said that the key word to success is INVITE. I think we need to do more inviting, to church, to activities, to read the book of mormon, to eat, to see the light of Christ in our lives.
So when we left that meeting we were able to get a ride with President Alvarado and one of his Asistants to our area b.c he was going this way. While we were traveling he played 3 talks given to mission presidents in the MTC by Pres. Eyring, Pres. Packer and Pres Monson. They were all incredibly powerful but the one by President Eyring really hit me. He talked alot about having a change of how and our progress being the most important. He said many things that impressed me. Some of them are "Its not what we´ve done that matters, its how our hearts have changed in the Lord´s work, and only God knows that." also that "The Aproval of most worth comes from God" so i have to be worried about what He thinks and not others. Also he said"When I know the Spirit is with me, that is when I know that my heart is changing."
I´ve been trying to change for the better alot in the last little while. It has begun with my own decisions within my self to make the right choice. I am more in control of my life and am choosing who I am and who I am becoming. Im really really happy right now b.c i´ve personally made alot of progress in the last week and a half. I have humbled myself alot and made a lot of changes for the better. I fell so much better and stronger this way. Most of all i know that God loves me and that he sends me help and relief everyday. I also went on divisions this last week with E´ Brunsvik who was my companion in Carolingia and it was awesome to work with him again and see his progress.
I love you all incredibly and pray for you all the time. Please fast and pray that we will find families to teach that will progress.
Love,
Elder Vincent
No comments:
Post a Comment