Mission Photos

Mission Photos

Monday, May 23, 2011

Feb 20,2011
Dear Family,
Happy Valentines day!!!!! How are things going back home?? Im hopeing that they are going great. Mom your the only girl that wrote me this year for valentines day so i gues that that officially makes you my valentine. Thats ok though im glad its that way. I love you very much and you are a great valentine.
This week started out kind of rough. Last week we were playing baseball for P'day and my companion tripped and fell and hurt himself. He tore the ligaments in his shoulder connecting his collarbone to his shoulder. He´s recovering well but it kind of back tracked us. We had to go to the hospital tuesday and do some other things for him but he´s been good about everything and we´ve still been working. We were struggling getting lessons in this week but really did some work yesterday we went on divisions and were able to teach 7 lessons. We finished the week strong so hopefully it will give us momentum going into this week.
We have 2 baptisms schedualed for this saturday so hopefully we can do enough to make them happen. They are with two sisters Rubi and Carla Folgar who are daughters of a less active lady and nieces of the lady Maria Folgar that we baptized last month. Our goal for this month is 5 baptisms and we´re getting so close. Please pray for us to be able to do what we need to reach the goal so God can do His part and make a miricle happen.
It´s kind of crazy and scary to me how fast time flies. I love what im doing so much and its crazy to think of how fast its flying past. Im trying to give my all to the Lord and Consecrate my time to the Lord and for that its hard for me when i even make little mistakes but even that helps me to understand the atonement more in my life.
The Atonement is so amazing. Anyone who understands the atonement could not deny the incredible love that our Hevenly Father has for us. When i make mistakes i feel sorry and beg the Lord that it wont hurt the people that im teaching b.c. I know how important this all is and i dont want to lead them wrong. Its like it says in the Book of Mormon, that they worked diligently so that the sins of the people would not fall upon their heads for not having given everything. I sure dont need anymore sins so when i make mistakes it kind of scares me that im effecting the salvation of other people. However at the same time the Atonement brings me comfort. I understand that we did not come to this world as perfect beings and that we will not (though we should strive) achieve perfection in this life. I have my many imperfections and for me that is why the Atonement and Repentance mean so much to me. I can wipe away my errors and become a better person. I dont think i ever feel the love of the Lord as much as i do when i fail, reconize the failiur and commit with the lord to be a better person. The feeling of forgiveness is like nothing i can describe. We are here to learn and progress in this life. We need to learn from our successes as well as our errors so that we can become more like our father in Heaven. That is what i want. It is what i want for these people as well.
I want you all to know that i love sharing the gospel. This is the greatest experience of my life and the happies that i´ve ever been. I hope that you all can look for opportunities to share the gospel so that you can experience the Joy that it brings to all involved. I am truely trying to give everything to the Lord and be my very best. Please pray for me so that i can be my best self, listen to the spirit and help these people.
I love you all very much.
Love,
Elder Vincent

No comments:

Post a Comment