Mission Photos

Mission Photos

Monday, May 23, 2011

Jan.23,2011
Dear Family,
Good to hear that things are going well back in the big PC. Things are going pretty well here in Guatemala as well.
This week we had our special missionary conference with Elder Ballard and it was incredible. I think the most impressive thing was the spirit of love that i could feel from him. He pretty much just reminded us what we knew and tried to remind us the importance of doing it. I think some people expected him to share some big new secret to success but we already know what we need to do we just need to do it. The part of Elder Ballards talk that i liked the most and when i also felt the spirit the most was when he talked about a conversion moment of an investigator when he was mission president in Canada. A man had had all of the discussions and liked the gospel but wouldnt be baptized. They had a lesson in the mission home and Elder Ballard invited him to pray and the man told him he didnt know how. Elder Ballard taught him and as he was praying he just started bawling. He told elder ballard that he had never felt like that before and he didnt understand it. Elder Ballard told him that God was sending him his answer.
That story was my favorite part of the meeting and reminded me how important it is for us to have conversion expiriences. I am trying to help my investigators have them but it is also important that we as members strive to have conversion moments as often as possible so that we can fortify our faith. I read a quote in an ensign that i really liked a while back that an elder had written on his mission that went a little like this ¨Conversion is the greatest miricle. It is even more miraculous then healing the sick or raising the dead. For as the healed will surely fall sick again and the die again conversion is a miricle that can last forever and bless entire genrations for time and all eternity.¨ I am trying to be more converted
Elder Clark and his wife also spoke and did a great job. They all three made great emphisis on Preach My Gospel and it being able to teach us how to be a good missionary. I really enjoy the way elder clark teaches. It was an amazing meeting and helped me a ton to know how to refocus on the things i was forgetting to do and be a better missionary that will consecrate every remaining minute to the Lord. I am so grateful for having been in the presence of an Apostle of the Lord
We also had Eugenio´s baptism on Saturday and it was awesome!!! He´s such a great guy and was so ready to be baptized. The bishop who is also an amazing person baptized him and I was a witness for the first time in my life. It was a beautiful ceremony and alot more people then i thought would come came. Yesterday he was confirmed, received the Holy Ghost and the aaronic priesthood. It was a great weekend. Eugenio has also been teaching how to say some words in Qui-che which is pretty cool.
I am really excited b.c. we are working to have alot of success in the next little while. We have two more baptisms this week. Tuesday and Saturday. Then we have atleast three others planed for the 5th of february and a family (the castro family) of four that we are trying to set a date for the 12th of February. There are also two others that have already told us that they want to be baptized but we just have to help prepare them a little more and set a date but probably in February as well. There are also alot of kids from the ward that have recently turned 8 and should get baptized in february as well. Their was also one of a little 8 year old kid named Diego this week that went really well and we helped with. Im really really excited for the success that we are having but we need to work as hard as possible to get it done. We also could use as many prayers as possible, especially for the Castro Family. They can be the first full family that i baptize!!!
I did know Elder Smith. I was his zone leader when i was in Gualan and he was my district leader there. He was a really cool guy and always happy. He was planning on playing volleyball at BYU but his passion was definitely hang gliding. He had picture all over the place of him hang gliding and was always talking about going hang gliding again. I dont know what happened but i know he died doing what he loved to do. He was a great person and will be greatly missed.
I love you all very very much and am thankful for all of your love and support. I can truely feel it. You are all great people and i pray for you every day. But if you dont email me pictures of nathans wedding i may never talk you again and just stay here in Guatemala. Haha
Love,
Elder Vincent
List of people to pray for.
Sister Folgar
Michael, Julio and Jordan Lutin
The Castro Family,
Kimberly Garcia
Ismael Ruiz

No comments:

Post a Comment