Mission Photos

Mission Photos

Monday, May 23, 2011

Nov.17,2010

Dear Mom and family,

First off I want to say that I love you and thank you for all your prayers and support. Next I want to say that I too am cold so i don’t feel too bad for you. It gets pretty cold in the capital during the winter and coming from a place that is 90+ degrees every day. I definitely am your son though b.c i have enjoyed the heat alot during my mission and im not a big fan of the cold.

This week has gone really well. It's really nice to get back out and actually do some work. I feel really well and have gotten most of my strength back so don’t worry. We've actually been getting alot done too for only getting to go out and teach in the afternoon and weekends. We've been going on divisions with the members every day so we've been able to accomplish a lot. I also got to drive for the first time in 15 months yesterday which was kind of crazy.

So this weekend I was able to go back to Gualan one last time to get my stuff and bring it to the mission home. I was really grateful for this extra visit b.c. it kind of just helped me feel ok about leaving and realized how much I love Gualan and appreciate the time that i was able to have there. I guess you could say it was kind of a closure haha. We got to stay there overnight because of the distance so i got to work most of the day in the area and I got to say goodbye to some people there which was really nice. It was especially nice to say goodbye to the familia Avila. They are an awesome member family in Gualan. The dad just got baptized last month but not by us in Gualan and the youngest son José Miguel became my best friend in Gualan. He's an awesome 8 year old kid (the one who invited his uncle to read the Book of Mormon) and he said that one day he wants to be a missionary just like me, which meant alot to me. I also got to say bye to a recent convert who make Mexican Tacos that are amazing and she made them for me one last time. :) :)

My new area for these few weeks is called Trebol. It’s really urban and in some parts very, very poor but I love it here and I especially love how much the members are willing to help. I am in a trio right now and we get a member to divide with us every night. It’s awesome. We also have two baptisms scheduled for the 27th which is sweet.

Not only are the members willing to help us but they are really nice and I’ve really enjoyed getting to know them. There is one especially cool family here (that I truly haven’t gotten to know very well but I can tell they are an incredible family), the Muñoz family. The dad is a counselor in the stake presidency here and we went to his house Sunday for a visit and we got to talking to them and guess what I found out. He is one of Sister Poston’s cousins. I’ve been searching to find someone she is related to here and I finally did it. His family is really awesome too so you’ll have to tell sister Poston that I found him. Also before you said that her uncle was planning on bringing stuff next month to give to people in need. I think that this ward could put to good use the things that he brings.

I love missionary work but sometimes it can be hard when the reality sets in of actually how important this work is. I want to help everyone. I want to be superman and save the world. Its a lot of pressure but I have to remember that I it’s not all on my shoulders and I don’t have to save the world because Jesus already has. This is the Lords work though and I know he is walking with me every step of the way. It feels almost too much when I think of the eternal consequences of our actions but it is almost an indescrible joy when someone accepts the gospel and I realize that the decicion they are making will bless them and their families forever and allow them to be in the presence of God!!

I am so grateful for all that you all do for me and for all of the love I feel from you and from my father in heaven. He surely strengthens me when I am week, lifts me when I am down and carries me when I can go no more. I hope you have a great week and mom I hope you have the best birthday ever.

Love,
Elder Vincent

No comments:

Post a Comment