Dear Mom and Family,
How are things going back home? Sounds like the week went pretty well. My week went really well as well. Alot happend. Im a little tired b.c i played basketball today and it was my first time playing sports since the end of August. I did better then i thought i would though.
So we will start off with Thanksgiving. Being in the office actually had its benifits on this one b.c President invited all of the office missionaries to his apartment for thanksgiving lunch, which was made by the senior missionaries. It was amazing!!! Now it wasn't back home thanksgiving and i didnt get so full that i thought i was going to explode but I got to eat REAL TURKEY!!! I think it beats the beans and eggs i had for thanksgiving last year.
It was a really cool feeling a well b,c before eating we al shared what we were thankful for (i did it in spanish and english b.c some of the senior missionaries dont know much spanish) and i realized how happy i am and how much love i feel from God in my life. After eating we also listened to Pres. Alvarados son play the piano ad we sang a little. It was really nice.
Next, Tuesday we had to drop something off at the temple and the branch from Gualan was there. I guess i just got lucky. I didnt get to talk to them for long but i didnt get to say goodbye to most of them so it was nice.
Next news is that i have a new area and a new companion again. I got to go to my area a few days early b.c I was in the office and my companions companion, Elder Rodriguez, my old companion finished his mission and his family came to get him on saturday. My new area is called San Jose Pinula and sadly is a colder area but i like its so far (I got her last night.) Its really pretty and im going to baptize alot here. My new comp is named Elder Vasquez and here is from her in guatemala. He is from a deparment named San Marcos. It is the same department that Sis. Postons family is from. He's really cool.
So now on to the big news of the week. WE HAD A BAPTISM!!! It was for the young girl named Filipa. She's 16 and is living with her aunts who are already members, they got baptized in just i believe. She was really ready to be baptized and had a great desire. It was also really honoring because she asked me (well more had her aunts tell us that she wanted me) to baptize her. I felt very honored. Saturday i was so happy and excited. I cant even really describe it. I know Saturday was a little tough back home, with the game back home, but probably about the same time BYU lost i was helping Filipa come closer to her father in heaven by entering into the waters of Baptism. (I still wore the BYU tie you sent me in the morning and a Blue tie to the Baptism). It just was an awesome day for me. It was also cool that after the baptism her cousin keneth that i wrote about last week came up to me and and said "now its time to focus on me. Its almost my turn." That kid is such a stud!! haha
I invite you all in this thanksgiving time to think about all that you have and all the love you fell in this life. I know it will help you appriciate life more. I think that is a big reason I am so happy now, i feel so greatful for so much right now and i have no reason to be sad or upset. One thing that i started after President Monsons last conference talk, that maybe you can try as well is that every day i write atleast one thing that i am greatful for that happend that day. That way i can go back and remember all of my many blessing and all of the love my father in heaven show me.
Well I hope that all is going well for you and that you remember that I love you all. I am very greatful for all the prayers that are said in my behalf and in behalf of the people here in Guatemala.
love,
Elder Vincent
No comments:
Post a Comment