Dear Mom,
How are things going back in good old utah? Things are going great here. I got your package this week and i appriciated all the notes with it. Thats all i really ever want is little letters helping motivate me and grow from the testimonies of others. Its alot cheaper too. But i will put the stuff you sent to good use and it will make some little kids really happy. (i did keep a bag of m&ms for my self though)
So Happy Easter!!!!! Its a great time of year isnt it. Where you are it means that its the end of snow time. Where i am it means the the rainy season is about to start!!! I love the rain if you didnt know that.
Here in guatemala the country kind of shuts down for Holy Week. Most everyone leaves and goes out of town. My companion was pretty sick this week (I feel great by the way) and it would have been easy to just kind of take the week off. But we went out and worked and i am greatful for my comp for digging in and going out with me b.c. we were able to see miricles. First off we were able to teach many more lessons then i ever thought we would have, especially with the circumstances. We also were able to find some cool new investigators that needed to hear the message. Also we were able to schedual 2 weddings and 4 baptisms for this weekend. There are some missionaries that really didnt try much this week but i know that God blesses us incredibly for our efforts. He allowed us to go beyond our limits and achieve miricles. I know that when things look the dimist that is when god lifts us up and allows us to achieve things that are beyond our abilities.
Also i wanted to write you about a cool expirience that i had last week. I was kind of frustrated with the day. Mostly b.c of my schedual issue and it stressed me out trying to figure it out and not having the time to do it. However after i got back to my apartment I started reading the book of mormon. ( i had decided that i was going to finish it that day) I started reading and i came accross Moroni 7:45. It talks about charity and how charity is long suffering and isnt easily irritated. It caused me to reflect and i realized i let somethingh way to small irritate me. So what i did was just let it go and trust it the lord that everything will work out and i felt alot better. I haven´t felt like that really my whole mission (i think b.c. i started thinking about myself too much) and it felt bad. So i repented and remembered that i have to be tougher and know how to take a puch and be a long sufferer if i want to be a true disiple of christ.
Also i finishing the Book of Mormon i kneeled and prayed after to renew my testimony that the book is true and i had a really special experiece that im going to write you about in a letter. (by the way thank you mom for sending me atleast a little bit of your testimony. I think you were the only one that sent part of it and i asked about 4 months ago. I´ll wait paciently for the rest of them. But that doesnt mean i wont keep reminding you.)
Well i want you to know that im healthy happy and trying everyday to improve. I love this work and i am so grateful for the opportunity that i have to be a missionary. Keep working hard in all that you do and pray and read scriptures every day.
Love,
Elder Vincent
People to pray for
Carlos Chumil and Wife
Family De Paz
Family Sarabia
No comments:
Post a Comment