Dear Mom and Fam,
Its good to hear that things are going so well there. That's crazy that there are 6 sister missionaries plus 2 Elders in the stake right now. I hardly ever remember Elders even being in the stake while i was there. It sound like you'll are really stepping up the mission work in PC and that really makes me happy. I am also grateful for Bishop Walk who has worked so hard to help with the missionary effort and to get the ward excited about missionary work. He is a great Bishop and a great person.
Things are going well here except it's cold!!! I am really not a huge fan of it. I don't think it helps either that the shower heater broke and so there's no hot water and you have to go outside to get to the shower. But i really like my area and i like doing missionary work so I'll put up with it.
So last night I was able to watch the First Presidency's Christmas devotional. I love Christmas time and i have really enjoyed these devotionals over the last few years. They really help me settle down and focus on the true meaning of the Christmas season. I really enjoyed how they talked about perspective and how a lot of our happiness depends on our perspective. I know I've said this a lot but I'm happier now since I've left on the mission b.c i've made a conscious decision to be happy and see more of the good in the world.
I also liked that they talked about the Christmas season being one of the best times to resolve to change. We spend the whole year getting beat upon by the world and we make mistakes but at this time we can take a deep breath remember that Christ took His beating for us and that with him we can change and come out on top "These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." John 16:33 We will come out on top. We will win. If we will just choose to go to Him and be His disciple.
Well I hope everything is going well with you all that you make sure to work hard but also enjoy yourselves. God has given us everything, even His son. Hopefully this Christmas time we can give Him a little bit back. We can give Him a little more of us.
I love you all.
Love,
Elder Vincent
No comments:
Post a Comment