Mission Photos

Mission Photos

Monday, May 23, 2011

May 16,2011
Dear Family,
Sound like things are going great back home. That's good to hear. Sounds like a lot has been going on as well and that you have had a lot to do. Thats cool that so many people wished me happy birthday. My birthday went well. On Tuesday we went around giving roses to our investigator and some of the relief society. It went really well. Then in the night i bought a cake that we used to celebrate mothers day with a recent convert family. It was a really nice day and a cool birthday b.c. it wasn't about me and i was able to spend it in the service of others.
This week i also had some cool experiences with me prayers. Its awesome to be a missionary b.c. it seems like god answers my prayers so easily. I hope it can be like this my whole life. I think i might need to be a missionary forever. To make a long story short i was able to see the fulfillment of fasting and many prayers. We had been struggling to find new investigators and so we prayed frequently and fasted to find new families to teach and this week we were able to find many. Also I prayed for specific things, like one day i prayed that we could reach our goal of 5 lessons for the day and then i did everything in my power to help fulfill my own prayer and god did the rest. We reached the goal that day. My testimony of prayer has grown dramatically here on the mission and i hope and pray that i can live a prayer filled life always.
Our investgators are doing pretty well. The ones that have a date are the De Paz Family. They are really cool and i really hope that we can get them baptized on the 28th like we have planned. I really really really want to baptize this month. We went to visit them on friday to teach a little and resolve some doubts of theirs. what happen was an inactive member gave them some anti mormon stuff and it kind of shaked them up a little but we went and they have testimonies so it wasnt a real problem. They just wanted to talk about it. I had warned them before that this would happen (which i dont do alot) and reminded them of it. Especially the son who they want to baptize them. I promised them before and again that if they will do three simple things then they will be prepared for their baptizm and they will be able to resist the attacks of satan. 1. Pray every day 2. Read the Book of Mormon everyday and 3. Go to church every sunday before their baptism. Its really impressive all the help and direction that God gives me so that i am able to help his other children.
We also found and taught a Guy from the states who has his church down here. He studyied religion in alabama and is very inteligent but was very closed minded when we talked to him. I tried to keep myself and my comp calm and not fight with him. I mostly just tried to testify to him but he didn´t want to listen. It did kind of hurt when he said that we wernt fit to call ourselves elders b.c. we didnt fit the requirement. In genral he was a nice guy but the sadest thing that he believes is that there is no need for a prophet or modern day revelation. He believes christ said it all in the new testament. I am so so grateful to have a prophet and 12 apostles to teach me what God wants me to do. It has blessed my live incredibly and a i know that it will continue blessing my life. How said it would be if God didnt want to talk to us anymore and i feel bad for the people that put restrictions on God b.c. we already have the bible.
Also this week we had our zone conference this week that week really well. I especially enjoyed an MTC talk that we watched by elder holland. I dont have much time to write about it though so i´ll write you about it next week.
I love you all very much and am very proud of you. I am sorry grateful for all your thoughts and prayers because the are always needed.
Love,
Elder Vincent



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment