Mission Photos

Mission Photos

Monday, May 23, 2011

Nov.2,2010
Dear Mom and Family,
How are all of you back home. Sounds like everyone's pretty happy though you've had you challenges this week. I am very greatful for all the growth that i´ve seen in all of you and for the people that you are becoming. It gives me lots of strength.
Here they dont really celebrate Holloween. On the 31 of October they celebrate the Day of the Saints where there are alot of parties but its not really a holiday. The 1st of November is the big day here. It is what they call the day of the dead and is kind of like Memorial day times 100. That is why they switched pday to today so that all the missionaries could go to the cemetaries to contact (only living people though :) ) They do this cool thing here where they make giant kites out of tissue paper to show respect to their ancestors. I didnt get to see any but i saw pictures and they were pretty sweet.
I think that mom you´ve been having sympathy pains for me this week because i´ve been sick as well. Its the first time that i´ve really been sick on my mission and its really anoying. They tell me that its a virus but the wierd thing about the viruses here is that they seem to last alot longer. Hopefully i'll get to be back to 100% this week so i can get back to good hard work. I dont really like to waste time here on the mission. About the tonsils thing, yes i really do believe that it has helped alot. I dont really ever get colds and for the most part i've been really healthy on the mission. I dont even know how i got sick this time.
Im really proud of the team and especially heath for the progress that i could feel from them this year. Its really crazy for me how fast time flys but i guess thats just part of life.
Sorry i dont have a ton to say this week it was pretty boring. I really apprieciate the prayers that have been said for me this week and putting my name in the temple. I lilke to ask you all to keep praying for me and maybe even fast for me b.c i want to get back to 100% as soon as possible.
I love you alot and thank you so much for you example.
Love,
Elder Vincent
ps i'll try to think of ideas for things that you can send for Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment