Mission Photos

Mission Photos

Monday, November 8, 2010

Dear Family,
How are things going back home. I hope your really enjoying life. We only get one chance so we should enjoy it and make the most of it. Make sure you show Briggs alot of love right now and dont judge him. I think thats one of the biggest faults of the Church. We take it upon our selves to judge others when really we should be looking for ways to help them and love them.
Thats super sweet that you got to talk to Elder Clark. He`s an awesome guy. I was a a District Conference with him back in april in Milagro. He`s an awesome guy with lots of Love and passion for the work of the lord. In the conference he actually had the missionaries stand up in front of all of the members and thanked us for our work. It was really cool.
This week was really good but i need to work harder. I will pray harder for more strength and diligence in the work. I think i want to obtain the attribute of being tenacious for the work of the Lord. I love this work so much but sometimes i feel glimpses of fear b.c of the pain that comes when people reject the message but i must not fear at all. ¨Dont fear, only believe.¨ Fear is the opposite of faith. I know that i must fight all of my fears in order to be a true diciple of Christ. Its working a little as i dont think im as afraid of snakes or dogs anymore :) still working though. I know i have the abiblity to conquere the adversary bc ive already done it before.
We didn´t have as much success as far as people in church this week. 5 investigators and only one can get baptized anytime soon and only 39 members but i`ll be tenatious and keep working hard and hopefully be an instrument of feeling the Lords love. We have 3 baptisms planned for Saturday though and We might be able to get 7 which would be awesome. We find out about changes tonight though so we`ll see if i`ll be here. Our goal for August is 11 and i believe 100% that is will happen. It doesn´t matter if im here or not though b.c they are the Lords baptisms and not mine I just need to pray alot that they happen.
Yesterday we went up to moyuta to celebrate the Birthday of two of Hna Auras kids. Aura is going to be baptized on Saturday. They couldn´t afford to buy a cake for them so my comp and i baught one and took it to them. We taught them about how much God love them as his children and is concious of what they are doing.
Im going to write a letter to the ward. Please let me know if they read it or if im just wasting my time.
I love you all so much and you help me stay motivated through your prayers. Stay stong and pray always.
Love,
Elder Vincent

No comments:

Post a Comment