Mission Photos

Mission Photos

Monday, November 8, 2010

Aug.30,2010
Dear Mom and Family,

This was a pretty good week. Im glad to hear that everything went well back home as well. I´ve been praying alot for Mac and Jill this week. Its really awesome to see the family growing. This week we had a really good zone conference and President Alvarado asked us to thank all of our parents for there prayers and concern for his wife during her surgery so i thought i would pass that on. I really really enjoyed our zone conference this week and was able to learn alot about how to be a better missionary.
Thursday we were able to have a baptism of one of our investigators Carlos Fernando Lopez. He´s a really cool humble 23 year guy. He was baptized by the Branch Presidents son who leaves on his mission to Quetzaltelnalgo on the 8th. It was cool to see him get a baptism before he left. Three other people i was teaching ended up getting baptized in Jalpatagua this saturday. The area was able to get 7 baptisms this month and has one more fur saturday so will have 8 this change. The district didn´t reach the goal of 20 baptisms but had 17 which is quite a miricle. We only finished this month with 4 in my new zone with only my area and one other baptizing so well have to turn that around. I know we can though.
Saturday the Branch Presidents son took out his endowments and we were able to go through the session with him. It was a really awesome experience. I really felt the Love of God as i went to the temple this time. It was cool to go with junior and i think it really helped him that we went with him. I think it would have really helped me to have a couple of friends at the temple with me the first time i went. We´ve really been able to spend alot of time with Junior (the branch presidents son) and even took him to our joint PDay with us this week. He´s a really good guy and really excited to leaveon his mission.
I really like my new area. It is really really hot but there area alot of really good people here to teach and alot of good members, especially the branch president. It is in the hundreds most of the days here year round. I think my mission is good preperation to live in arizona or nevada maybe b.c i have almost only been in hot areas.
So i wanted remake the invitation that i made to you all at the begining of my mission hoping that you will really try hard to do it. I wanted to invite you as a family to i bring someone to church and to dinner every sunday for the rest of my mission. Whether it be a non member or a less active or even a member i really think its needed that our family reaches out more and like you´ll have told me there is no better way then food. Please have people over to eat on sundays and get people to church. Go pick up people sunday mornings to take them. Go visit people sunday afternoons. I´ve really learned alot here no matter how little someone has they are willing to sacrifice. I know there is alot more that we can be doing back home. We just cant get complacent ofr lazy.
I love you all and am thankful for all of your thoughts and prayers.
Love,
Elder Vincent
Ps do we have 4 missionaries in the stake now? And also please thank bishop walk for me for all he is doing. He is a great servant of the lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment