Dear Mom,
Im glad to hear that you are enjoying the warm weather. it is definately a blessing. I could definately live without snow forever. Why did you go to california? Did heath not have school this week? What have you all been up to lately.
Things are going great here in Guatemala. My companion Elder Phillips and i are doing great things. I was really working hard to get to know the members last change and gain their confidence and its definately paying off. Now that we have the confidence of the members we are getting them to help and we are getting alot done. This ward is really really cool. I have learned and grown incredibly here.
The work is going well. Last change we were having trouble finding new investigators but through working with the members and focusing on reactivating we have been finding alot of good new investigators. We´ve been doing alot of family home evenings and been getting members to come out with us. I use to have a hard time asking members for help, partly b.c. im not use to having to ask others for alot of help and secondly b.c. when i would ask members before they would always say no. I´ve progressed alot personally though and am becoming a better leader who demands and helps others strive for excelence.
Well we were suppose to have two baptisms this week but we had to postpone them for a little bit. If all goes well we could have them this week though. They are the De Paz family that we got married a little over a month ago. They were really excited about getting baptized when they were married. Right after i told the mom and the son (who they wanted to baptize them) that they would have challages and temptations and that they needed to 1. Pray every day 2. Read the book of mormon every day and 3. Go to church every sunday so that they would be able to overcome the difficulties. They weren´t very consistent of doing it and then an in active member gave them an anti mormon book and its caused alot of problems with the wife and son. I asked the wife if she believed that Joseph smith was a true prophet of God yesterday and after thinking a minute, she bore a strong testimony of it and the spirit was really really strong. The book has gotten a little to her head though so we´ll see how we can help here out.
This week i started refocusing on my study of preach my gospel and i started studying the lessons. I had an awesome personally study session on the very first principle ¨God is our loving heavenly father¨. I was able to study many things that helped me this week and helped me improve my teaching. Its funny how sometimes we think we know the basics and dont really focus on them but then when we refocus on them we can see how much we continue learning. I studdied alot of the story of King Lamoni and his father as well and was able to use it in many of our lessons this week. Studying daily is very very impòrtant and here on the mission it is esspecially important to study with my companion every single day.
Im really loving my area and the families here. I love Guatemala and i love being a missionary. Thank you for all of your love and prayers. I love you all very much.
Love,
Elder Vincent
People to pray for:
De Paz fam
Saravia family
Blanco Family
Ana Lucia
Familiy Leiva
Sis silvia and fam
No comments:
Post a Comment