Dear Mom,
How´s everything going back home? I can imagine that Jerri is exstatic with beau coming home today. Maybe you can be exstatic too and get it out of your system!! Fat chance right. And no im not calling you fat. I know you really well dont i.
Things are going good here. Im just trying to give as much as i can to the people here in the time i have left. The lady that we are suppose to baptize saturday is going out of town again so we wont be baptizing her until next saturday now. We might try for two others though if we can get them married. My goal is five more before i get home and im going to get it done.
So im glad to hear that you have been praying for me. I had felt this week like the fam had been slacking on fasting and praying for me and the investigators here so im glad to hear that its not true. I would like to ask you all though as im kicking it to extra gears as the time goes on if you will please do the same and step up your prayers so i can acomplish even more that would be greatly appriciated.
I still havent met my new mission president but i should this week so i will have more to tell you. From what people tell me he´s very spiritual and very focused so i know that he will help the mission progress greatly.
I was re-reading Alma 29 this week. I really love that chapter, espcially as a missionary. It is so beautifully written and expresses sincere desire to bless the lives of our brothers around us and help them return to our heavenly father. Verse 9 is one of my favorites ¨I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do anot bglory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.¨
Im working hard but can give more and am going to give more. Im trying my best to handle all that i have to do. We´re working well with the members and i really feel like ive done a really good job to help unit the ward and strengthen it. God is helping me to grow greatly but i must not be content and must get out of my comfort zone to keep growning.
I love you all very much and am very grateful for all that you do for me. Remember to do the basics and to serve others every day.
Love,
Elder Vincent
PS I love the primary children in my ward.
PPS Heathe need to get his eagle!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment