Mission Photos

Mission Photos

Thursday, March 25, 2010


March 24,2010
Dear Family and Friends,
First off im safe heathly and doing incredibly well so dont worry about me. Second, I only get one hour for email and a couple other hours to write letters. Its not as easy for me as you at home, but i hope you do enjoy what i send you and that you are sending them to others so they can benifit from what I write. If not it´ll make me sad that im not helping as many people as I possibly can. I did get your two pakages and thank you for the pictures and the other missionaries thank you for the food.
We had our transfers this week. I'm in my same area still and I'm training agian. This time an American from California. Elder Brunsvick. He seems like a really good guy and I really like his enthusiam. Now that I can speak spanish it feels weird to be with someone who cant though, his spanish is really good for only 9 weeks.
So we found this Jehovas Witness down here contacting the other day. There are alot of them down here and they are probably the hardest people to teach. They are kind of crazy. This lady was trying to show us up in her door. I'm not gonna lie I didn´t bring my best game but we listened to what she had to say for a while (she was just pulling out scripture and trying to show scripture knowlegde and what not) but after a while I was like ok now can we please share with you the messege of the restoration of the Church of Jesus Christ and she said ok if it was in the Bible. I proceeded to share with her the first vison and she interupted and was like this guy isn´t in the Bible and I'm not going to listen. Then I told her true it doesn´t say Joseph Smiths name exactly in the Bible but it also doesn´t say Jesus Christ in the Old testament but does that make him any THe Savior of the of the world. She got kind of thrown off by that. We shared the first vision and testified and my comp wanted to contend but thats not my thing even though I'm money with comebacks I know the spirit is stronger. She then tried to got to go to scripture knowlege asking us all this lame questions. I told her I dont know all the answers to all the questions but I know Joseph Smith was a true prophet. She didn´t get it though but it was a good learning experience for me.
I also had another really cool experience this week with a Guy we are teaching named Manuel De Jesus. He was a reference to teach english but we´ve almost only talked about the gospel. I´ve challaged him to be baptized a couple times but he says he wants to wait but we´re working on that. He knows the church is true and said he will get baptized but wants a clear answer from God.
He also belives that my old comp and i were sent specifically to him because of our past experiences with my comps parents dying and the things I went through so he trusts us. I told him that he needs to see the same in respect to the Savior who understands his troubles even more then us b.c he suffered exactly for his sins pains and errors and that we were only representatives of us. He said he knew that but that when we left he probably wouldn´t go to church any more bc it was only us that brougt the spirit to him. I told him that that wasn´t right and that we were here only as representatives of Jesus and that he should go to church and get baptized for him b.c we are not representatives of ¨the church of the missionaries of the latter day saints¨ and that the Book of Mormon doesn´t say ¨Another testament of the Missionaries¨ on that cover and that he need to trust God more.
I also recieved a revalation on what the answer to his life problems were. It came to me that it was the same answer to my problems i had and i believe it is the answer to the problems of all. The atonement of Jesus Christ. I told him that a knowlege and really feeling of the power of the atonement changed and saved my life and that i truely believe it is the answer to his problems as well.
I told him that when i was suffering with all the pain and sadness that i went through that i didn´t understand why i had to suffer like i did but know i understand that i may have had to suffer like i did so that i could share with others and him the answer to all our problems. I told him that i may have just suffered so i could help him at this momment in his life. It was probably the most spiritual lesson of my whole mission.
Well i love you a ton and keep sending me letters and pictures. i´d love to have the one of heaths whitesox hair.
Love,
Elder vincent

No comments:

Post a Comment