Mission Photos

Mission Photos

Thursday, January 14, 2010

January 11, 2010
Dear Mom, Family and Friends,
     This week was really good.  We were blessed there are a couple of families here who have gone around with us to visit and show us were alot of inactive families live.  We visited alot this week and it paid off.  We had 62 in church today compared to 43 last week.  We still only had two investigators in church and they just came with friends so we dont really know them yet but will start to teach them.  We've found some really good new investigators we just need to show them that they are only recieving part of the blessings from heaven they can receive in their churches now and how we are there b.c we truely care and love them.
   You had a question last week about  how taxisco changed while i was there.  I feel like it changed alot while i was there.  My first change it was an under 20 attendance every week and my second change we never had under 20 once.  We got alot of non member youth good expirences with the church and we reactivated three people including one 16 year old who was completely on the wrong path but is completely focused on going on a mission now and even pays donations to the church mission.  Him and almost all his cousins and aunts are inactive members but the grandma is a member (lady with bird) and when i left she was almost in tears b.c of how much time we`d spent trying to help her family.  It was a really cool expirence.
    So you´ll have to let me know when you get the package b.c they told me it would get there b4 christmas.  I dont know what`s up.  Youll love it when you get it though.
    So i´ve never asked where Sister Poston is from in Guatemala.  You should let me know.
    i know i wasn´t as ready as i should have been to come on my mission but i am so greatful for this opportunity, this mercy of the Lord allowing me to reshape and readjust my life to where it should be.  I love serving the Lord and I love sharing about the atonement.
    Please tell everyone hi for me and dont send me pics from my mission send me pics of home and our family and friends and the one with all the cousins please.
    I love you so much and hope with all my heart you'll are doing well.  This work is to important not to try and share with all that we can.  I have personally seen the difference in my life when I am closer to my Father in Heaven and when I am not so close.
    I love you and give my best wishes to everyone.
         Love,
                 Elder Searle M. Vincent

No comments:

Post a Comment