Hello Mother and All,
How are you doing! Wow your almost really old. Im sorry to hear about the rough week. I had one too but nothing really phases me anymore like it use to b.c. i trust in God so much and that every trial helps me grow and is only to give me expirence and make me better.
We had a fat rat in our apartment yesterday. It wasn´t a little vole like back home this was a footlong rat just climbing on our door frame. It was a sweet expeirence and when we were trying to get the rat out of our apartment im pretty sure it smiled at me haha. I thought that might make you feel a little better about being where you are :)
Yesterday we had changes. My new compainon is from El Salvador only about an hour and a half from here. He speaks really quite good english. He's been out 11 months and this is only his third area. He seems like a good guy. We just have to do everything we can for this area.
I got my package from the Franz' and also you letter. The article on Jared was awesome. I love him. He's such an awesome friend and im so glad hé's doing so well. I just wish i didn´t have to miss him play.
We had a special conference for Guatemala and belice via satelite this sunday and it was really good. It focused on the family. One talk was the four pillars of a strong family.
THEY ARE:
1. Family prayer (together morning and night)
2. Family Scriture study every day
3. Family NIght Every week
4. Paying Tithing
I really have a testimony that these things make a difference more then almost anything else. Please try to do these things.
So i also realized that as of now eric has particìpated in the baptisms of more people during my mission then me. I wanted to challange you to have more as a family (in the ward, friends, byu) then me on my mission. It may not seem possible but elder hall my district leader from portand says his ward has baptized almost every week since he left a year ago and i would love to see the work progress at home like that. There really is so much our family and ward can do youll just need to take the steps and make it a focus.
Love,
Elder Searle Vincent
Ps i think im getting taller haha
How are you doing! Wow your almost really old. Im sorry to hear about the rough week. I had one too but nothing really phases me anymore like it use to b.c. i trust in God so much and that every trial helps me grow and is only to give me expirence and make me better.
We had a fat rat in our apartment yesterday. It wasn´t a little vole like back home this was a footlong rat just climbing on our door frame. It was a sweet expeirence and when we were trying to get the rat out of our apartment im pretty sure it smiled at me haha. I thought that might make you feel a little better about being where you are :)
Yesterday we had changes. My new compainon is from El Salvador only about an hour and a half from here. He speaks really quite good english. He's been out 11 months and this is only his third area. He seems like a good guy. We just have to do everything we can for this area.
I got my package from the Franz' and also you letter. The article on Jared was awesome. I love him. He's such an awesome friend and im so glad hé's doing so well. I just wish i didn´t have to miss him play.
We had a special conference for Guatemala and belice via satelite this sunday and it was really good. It focused on the family. One talk was the four pillars of a strong family.
THEY ARE:
1. Family prayer (together morning and night)
2. Family Scriture study every day
3. Family NIght Every week
4. Paying Tithing
I really have a testimony that these things make a difference more then almost anything else. Please try to do these things.
So i also realized that as of now eric has particìpated in the baptisms of more people during my mission then me. I wanted to challange you to have more as a family (in the ward, friends, byu) then me on my mission. It may not seem possible but elder hall my district leader from portand says his ward has baptized almost every week since he left a year ago and i would love to see the work progress at home like that. There really is so much our family and ward can do youll just need to take the steps and make it a focus.
Love,
Elder Searle Vincent
Ps i think im getting taller haha
No comments:
Post a Comment