Date: September 22, 2009 3:06:16 PM MDT
Dear family,
This week was pretty sweet. First off just a second ago i was out on the basketball court and dunked for the first time in almost a year. It was with a soccer ball but i got it really clean. I was pretty stoked about that.
Also we watched a movie about joseph the son of isreal. I came to realize how special the name Joseph is to me. My Grandfather and great grandfather Joseph Smith and Joseph of egypt. Some of the greatest examples in my life to me. I cant even comprehend the trials that Joseph Smith and Joseph of Egypt went through. Joseph of egypt was disowned and beaten and sold by his brothers for just living the comandments. He was imprisioned and lived an icredibly unfair life but he was blessed immesureably for his obdeince and diligence. At the end of the movie when he told i was really touched when he told his brothers who he was. They were all crying about how sorry they were and he said that he for gave his brothers and that through his suffering as one man he was able to save thousands and a nation. He blessed them for what they had done and welcomed them with open arms. It amazed me and thats not even close to what the savior dealt with. I have really been trying to focus on finding the good in everything b.c i truely believe we can find good in everything and become stronger from everything. Also see the lords mercy in all things.
One example is i lost my journal ( i ordered a new cool one though so dont worry) on the bus last monday and was kind of distruaght about it but then i remembered look for the good and the hand of the lord. I then remembered that most of what i had written was on the talks i had heard and that i had taken notes in another notebook so i really didn{t end up loosing much. Would i rather still have my journal of coarse but lifes to hard as is to get down and frustrated about stuff. I kind of felt like nephi having writtend his book b.c joseph smith lost the 119 pages.
So who did heath play this week and what was the score of the BYU game. i cant believe they lost at home.
My companion is Elder Udall from Eger arizona. Is sounds similar geographics to Park city kind of. He's really nice and a good compainion. I cant really find much wrong with him which is probably b.c im only looking for the good in things.
Mom im sorry about the mouse iknow thats not what you want to see. I'll pray for you :)
In the scriptures it says many times i will consecrate your aflictions for for your gains and show you mercy. I really like Jacob 3:1 and second nephi 2.2.
im about out of time so i will just end by saying i love you all so much and your love and prayers are a great strength to me.
LOve, Elder searle vincent
No comments:
Post a Comment